Noah Kagan is Co-Founder/Chief Sumo at Sumo.com and AppSumo.com, where he helps entrepreneurs kick more ass. Before working at Intel, Noah was employee #30 at Facebook and #4 at Mint. His blog, OkDork.com, provides in-depth guides and strategies on how to start a business, marketing, and more.
Noah Kagan is, in my opinion, the #1 dude for helping people learn how to start and grow their business. His course, Monthly1K, had a big impact on my business growth and mindset. I took this opportunity to ask Noah what he’s doing to grow his own podcast, Noah Kagan Presents.
- How to optimise, market and get reviews for your podcast
- How to manage money to optimise your quality of life
- The most important things to focus on when starting a business
- And more.
During the episode, we discuss Noah’s strategy for achieving business goals. The example below shows how Noah takes the goal for his podcast (100,000 podcast downloads per episode) and breaks it down into specific tactics that he can test and refine over time. This method can be used to create a plan to achieve almost any goal:
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
Interested in learning more from a successful entrepreneur, Co-Founder of LatestDeals.co.uk, Tom Church? – Listen here. In this episode, we discuss how to grow a start-up effectively with zero budget, how to use Facebook groups to reach your customers, how to use checklists for optimal productivity, and much more (stream below or right-click here to download):
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff and Discover Strength CEO, Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world-class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. There are courses for both trainers and trainees. So even if you’re not a trainer but someone who practices HIT, this course can help you figure out how to improve your progress and get best results. Check out Hituni.com, add the course you want to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code ‘CW10’ to get 10% off your purchase!
This episode is brought to you by VitalExercise.com, a one-of-kind personal training facility in the UK owned and run by world-class personal trainer, Ted Harrison. For over 30 years, Ted has been very successful in helping people achieve great results, and, if you’ve seen the blog posts for his episodes on this podcast, you’ve seen that he walks the walk. For 56, he looks amazing! Operating from a HIT base, Ted uses an eclectic mix of training styles to optimise results for his clients. Ted put me through one of the best workouts of my life and is someone I go to for advice often. To book a free consultation either at his facility in Essex in the UK or to find out more about his virtual coaching, which includes personalised training, nutritional and motivational advice, go here where you can fill in a contact form or phone Ted directly for more info.
To subscribe via email and get my FREE eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr Doug McGuff, Drew Baye and Skyler Tanner – Click here ????
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: How did you market your podcast? Please let me know in the comments.
Scroll below for links and show notes…
Click the link below to listen from the exact time stamp on Overcast:
- Why did Noah start a podcast? [5:55]
- How to optimise your podcast [7:25]
- How is Noah tracking against his podcast goal: 100,000 episode downloads in the first year [10:08]
- The most effective way to market your podcast [11:25]
- Noah’s podcast marketing strategy [14:30]
- How to get a ton of podcast reviews on iTunes [17:55]
- Passive income vs Noah’s Monthly1K [19:00]
- How does Noah manage money? [21:50]
- How to get high-profile podcast guests [26:50]
- How does Noah Kagan use Checklists? [28:55]
- The problems with focusing too much on business tools [31:15]
- The most important skills for effectiveness in business, including the importance of the “follow-up” [33:05]
- Top tips on how to become significantly more productive and happy [33:50]
Selected Links from the Episode
- Joe Rogan Experience
- A Conversation with Mike Posner on Gaining Success, Dealing with Jealousy, and More
- Gabe Freund – Powerful Wisdom From a Millennial
- How to Create an Interesting Life with Tynan
- Behind the Scenes of Tim Ferriss: His Secrets of Success (and More)
- Daily Strength
- How To Make A $1,000 A Month Business (Noah Kagan’s Monthly1k)
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- Noah Kagan Finance Template
- YNAB (YouNeedABudget.com)
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right by Atul Gawande (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- Remember The Milk
- Boomerang for Gmail
- The Email Game
- Typer Shark (improve your type speed)