Richard J. Wolff, RD, LDN (@myMEDFITNESS) has dedicated his life to helping people live well. He is an entrepreneur, writer and founder of MEDFITNESS, the company that created On Demand Strength Training ™. Richard earned a degree in nutritional science from the College of Health and Human Sciences at Northern Illinois University.
He completed an internship in Medical Nutrition Therapy at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL. Richard is a Registered Dietitian (RD) and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN). He is an adjunct faculty in the graduate school at Northern Illinois University and serves on their Health and Wellness Advisory Board.
Over the past 30 years, he has trained thousands of fitness professionals at major universities (University of Pennsylvania, San Francisco State University, University of California at Los Angeles) with his workshops and seminars. In recent years Richard has been a featured speaker at the nationally acclaimed Fight the Fat program in Deyersville, Iowa and the Resistance Exercise Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Richards writing has been feature in award-winning publications including Weightlifting USA, Nautilus Americas Fitness Magazine, Personal Fitness Professional, Club Industry Magazine, and the Daily Herald. He has worked as a consultant with the American Cancer Society, the Discovery Health Channel and Health Management Resources (HMR®).
- Email – Richard @ MEDFitnessprogram . com
- MEDFITNESS YouTube Channel
- MEDFITNESS Facebook Page
- MEDFITNESS Google Plus
In this episode, we dig into topics related to how to grow and optimise your high intensity training business. Richard is a true professional, highly driven, and will help inspire you to overcome the challenges in your business and enable you to adopt changes you may have been putting off for a while!
During the beginning of the episode, I mentioned Richard’s podcast with Dave Durell on High Intensity Nation. This episode is an excellent introduction to MEDFitness and the initial trials and tribulations. Listen HERE
- Service pricing and packaging
- How to transition from an appointment-based business to group training
- How to help clients lose fat effectively
- … and much more
Would you like to learn how to add a highly profitable nutrition service to your HIT business? Richard Wolff recorded a How-To for the Corporate Warrior Membership. Join the waiting list HERE
Get 10% off High Intensity Training Courses and Certifications for you and your staff – click HERE
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
Would you like to hear from another successful high intensity training entrepreneur? – Listen to my latest episode with Luke Carlson here. In this episode, we discuss how to find your target market, how to differentiate your HIT business, how to improve client retention, and much more (stream below or right-click here to download):
This episode is brought to you by VitalExercise.com, a one-of-kind personal training facility in the UK owned and run by world-class personal trainer, Ted Harrison. For over 30 years, Ted has been very successful in helping people achieve great results, and, if you’ve seen the blog posts for his episodes on this podcast, you’ve seen that he walks the walk. For 57, he looks amazing!
Operating from a HIT base, Ted uses an eclectic mix of training styles to optimise results for his clients. Ted put me through one of the best workouts of my life and is someone I go to for advice often.
To book a free consultation either at his facility in Essex in the UK or to find out more about his virtual coaching, which includes personalised training, nutritional and motivational advice, go here where you can fill in a contact form or phone Ted directly for more info.
Selected Links from the Episode
- Discover Strength
- Resistance Exercise Conference
- High Intensity Nation
- Reaching New Customers with On-Demand Strength Training by Richard Wolff
- Nautilus, Inc
- HIT Strength
- Super Slow
- MEDFitness services
- Ari Meisel – How To Optimise, Automate And Outsource Your Business
- Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Renée A. Mauborgne ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- The 22 Immutable Laws Of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Google Calendar
- Heartland Payment Systems
- Chase Bank
- Kieser Training
- BOWFLEX HVT – BUYER BEWARE | Train Like a Champion 218 | www.medfitness.co
- Vanity Metrics
- Overnight Success: Gary Vaynerchuk
- Discover Strength Body Comp Challenge Success Toolbox
- Bodyweight High Intensity Training from Drew Baye
- Dr James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
- Jim Flanagan (Listen to my episodes with Jim here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Dave Durell
- Michael Wolff
- Ari Meisel (Listen to my episode with Ari here)
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Henry Ford
- Dr Ted Naiman (Listen to my episodes with Ted here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Dr Shawn Baker (Listen to my episodes with Shawn here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Drew Baye (Listen to my episodes with Drew here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7)