Drew Baye is the founder and owner of Baye.com, the most popular high intensity training website on the web. He’s a prolific writer, researcher, and elite level personal trainer. It’s not essential, but if you want to listen to my first interview with Drew Baye – click here.
In The 4-Hour Body, the author, Tim Ferriss used Drew to demonstrate how it’s possible to get to 3-4% body fat with no “cardio”. Drew shows his exact method in his new guide – Getting Ripped: A Short Guide on Training and Eating to Maximise whilst Maintaining or Gaining Muscle.
I’m pleased to report that this is much better quality than the previous interview with Drew. There is still room for improvement, but the quality is going from strength to strength.
This episode is sponsored by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training. Whether you want to take their Full Personal Trainer Course or DIY HIT for Health course, simply add the course you want to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code CW10 to get 10% off your purchase!
For my FREE eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr Doug McGuff, Drew Baye and Skyler Tanner – Click here ????
Here’s what we cover:
– How to optimise exercise and diet for fat loss
– The truth about the health and fitness industry and the unethical marketing
– The downsides of chronic steady-state activity and how to get results efficiently
– The difference between exercise and recreation
– How to avoid long term injury in sport
– HIT vs HIIT
– Is it worthwhile to “grease the groove”?
– Training to momentary muscular failure (MMF) vs not to failure (NTF)
– Why its optimal for muscle size and strength to train to MMF
– The evolutionary view on the nature of exercise
– Is it necessary to track exercise recovery by measuring heart rate variability (HRV)?
– Why you probably shouldn’t workout if you’re sick
– Effective training vs optimal training
– The importance of “individual prescription” in exercise and the nature of genetics
– The importance of grip, neck, and calf strength
– How to optimise grip strength
– Problems with steroid use and the truth behind the body building business
– Does milk have a place in a diet plan?
– How to optimise diet
– The importance of sleep for mental performance and fat loss
– How to use cold showers post-workout and stay-cool to improve results
– The importance of getting your friends and family to support your health and fitness goals
– Drew’s philosophy on dating success and his pick-up line that never fails
– How to get the good life: health, wealth, and happiness
If you enjoyed this interview, please consider leaving a review (it really helps to promote the podcast):