In this inbetweenisode, I share the power of checklists! Checklists are often overlooked due to their simplicity. However, with today’s information overwhelm, it’s never been a better time to create checklists for all of those repetitive tasks. This removes the need to remember all of the to-dos within a project and increases accuracy and effectiveness.
In this podcast, I talk about:
- Why checklists are super handy!
- How I use checklists in my own life
- How checklists have been incredibly helpful in my full-time job and business
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff and Discover Strength CEO, Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. There are courses for both trainers and trainees. So even if you’re not a trainer but someone who practices HIT, this course can help you figure out how to improve your progress and get best results. Check out Hituni.com, add the course you want to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code ‘CW10’ to get 10% off your purchase!
For my FREE eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr Doug McGuff, Drew Baye and Skyler Tanner – Click here ????
- Lawrence’s current lifestyle [3:30]
- Why are checklists important? [5:15]
- What is a checklist? [6:40]
- Lawrence’s travel checklist [6:50]
- Checklists for repetitive corporate processes and sales tasks [8:20]
- The checklists I rely on for my blog and podcast [11:03]
- The impact that using checklists and outsourcing has had on my business and my lifestyle [13:50]
Selected Links from the Episode
- Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- Node4 (my employer)
- Tom Church’s checklist
Example checklists (a peek inside the machine!)
Audio structure checklist
- Soundbite (keep short and snappy – most profound quote on the podcast)
- CW intro
- Podcast intro
- Podcast main
- Sponsor/eBook offer
- Outro music
I send this to my sound engineer and continuously refine and improve.
Blog post checklist
- If you notice a serious error in the podcast audio during your work, please notify me immediately.
- Add post title – include the guest name and attention-grabbing headline such as “How to do X” or a profound claim of some kind. Please use hyper-specific niche topics discussed on the podcast. For example, for interview #46 rather then use The Keys to Running a Successful Business, you could use the importance of creating a customer avatar. These headlines may help the episode stand out from the rest.
- Please shorten the default permalink.
- Set a headshot as a Featured Image and best/most interesting image you can find (I may provide) and add to top of post body above bio. Just to clarify, that means 2 images. One image in the Featured Image and one image at the top of the post body.
- Mini biography and contact details for guest (I will send you this). When adding email don’t hyperlink it, just list the email address and put a [ ] around the @ like [@]. This stops bots from spamming emails.
- High-level bullet points of what is covered in the episode.
- Corporate Warrior iTunes and Stitcher graphics that link to:
- Libsyn player with correct links below. Also please add keywords to Libsyn post such as guest name and main topics mentioned (please check iTunes style rating).
- Please add episode number to podcast title in Libsyn. See numbered episode lists here: https://corporatewarrior.co/podcast/
- Sponsor (This episode is brought to you by….)
- Show notes.
- Selected links (even the most tenuous) from Episode in chronological order (every person, place, book, entity, or product including food that is mentioned that has a web presence, use US and UK Amazon affiliate links for books/products).
- Links to People Mentioned.
- Please make sure ALL links ‘open in new tab’.
- Please add relevant keywords to Word press post tags.
- Please add a Description under All in One SEO Pack.
- Please spell check post.
- Please add to all relevant categories.
I send this to a contractor on UpWork.
2-day trip to Portsmouth, UK
- Phone/laptop charger
- Kindle/Kindle charger
- Keys & Portsmouth house keys
- 2 x boxers and socks
- 1 x Trousers/shorts
- 2 x T-Shirts
- 1 x morning PJs
- Toothbrush, soap, toothpaste, moisturiser, ear buds, razor, floss
- ALA, CQ, Creatine w/ shaker
- Sleep master
Let me know how you think I can improve these checklists!