Do you sometimes feel like you’re working on far too many things at once, yet the results are disproportionately smaller than the amount of effort you put in? Or perhaps you feel that one too many things are vying for your attention, and you’d like to find a way to get things done more efficiently, become more productive, and not be too stressed out?
Then this Corporate Warrior inbetweenisode is for you.
Before I dove into the world of podcasting with Corporate Warrior, I lived a fast-paced life sometimes working over 60 hours a week in the IT industry, selling complex IT solutions to business after business and closing multi-million pound deals. It could get quite hectic, but I employed certain productivity tactics and strategies to help me get on top of things and make the most of what I had to work with.
In this episode, I want to share with you the process of batching – what it is, why it’s great, and why (and how) you should start doing it now.
Follow Corporate Warrior on Social Media:
In this episode, we cover:
- What is batching and why does it work?
- How to use batching to increase productivity within your business and personal life and reduce stress at the same time
- Where I use batching in my business and lifestyle (and what you can learn from it)
- … and more!
Want to listen to more inbetweenisodes on business, productivity, and personal development? Make sure you check out previous episodes:
- #83: How To Start A Podcast, Land High-Profile Guests, and How to Make High Intensity Training Great
- #79: How To 10x Your Sales Productivity And Finally Build That HIT Business
- #67: How To Become The Best Version Of You
- #58: How To Start And Grow Your Podcast To Over 30,000 Downloads Per Month
- #52: Checklists – The Secret To Optimal Productivity in Lifestyle, Career and Business
- #48: High-Intensity Bodyweight Training Routines, How to Improve Your HIT Workouts For Better Results and Efficiency, Detailed Nutrition Plan, and Tracking and Improving Your Biomarkers
- #44: How to Lose Fat Effectively, Maximise Muscle Gain, and Increase Productivity
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference – The science and application of strength training for health and human performance.
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- Join a welcome reception on Friday night to build relationships with other strength training professionals?
- Experience an early morning workout from an expert trainer to kick start your Saturday?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do and that is why I am attending and interviewing all of the speakers at the event.
The resistance exercise conference will be held on the 9th and 10th of March 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota at The Commons Hotel.
To get 10% off your entry fee, head on over to ResistanceExerciseConference.com, click the registration button and enter corporatewarrior10 in the promo code field in PayPal.
I’m very excited about this and have wanted to attend for years. Sign up now at ResistanceExerciseConference.com, get 10% off with promo code corporatewarrior10 and I look forward to meeting you in person!
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $1,000 OFF software licensing fees, please go to ARXfit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field.
Subscribe to my emails to get a FREE HIT workout progress sheet and eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Skyler Tanner – Click here
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: Have you tried using batching in any way in your training, in business, or in every day life? How did it turn out for you? Please let me know in the comments at the bottom of this post.
Click the link below to listen from the exact time stamp on Overcast:
- What batching is all about [5:19]
- Manage email using batching to improve efficiency [6:09]
- The hidden costs of multitasking and constantly task-switching [7:55]
- Practical examples of batching in action [8:49]
- How can you apply and use batching in your HIT business? [12:33]
- In what ways can your personal life can benefit from batching? [14:15]
- The one where a guy cooks an entire week’s worth of food in one day [17:09]
- How to schedule your batched tasks [17:31]
- The benefits of batching, in a nutshell [19:46]
Selected Links from the Episode
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- Flow (psychological state)
- The Email Game
- Boomerang | Boomerang for Gmail
- Inbox Zero
- Millionaire by 25