Mark Strough is a High-Intensity Trainer, Serial Entrepreneur, and Life-Long Martial Artist. He’s an extraordinary human being who I’ve been following on social media for a while.
I’ve always found Mark to be very open-minded, supportive and helpful in terms of educating the layman community on diet and exercise via:
In this episode, we went deep on martial arts, HIT and diet but there is so much more to this man – including his impressive accomplishments as an entrepreneur and what I feel is a very mature and wise demeanour that exudes kindness, optimism and gratitude.
And get this – Mark eats 1 meal a day, and every single week, he fasts from Tuesday evening to Thursday or Friday evening (48-72hrs) AND trains HIT on the Wednesday … with no sign of appreciable muscle loss.
In this episode, we also cover:
- The most effective martial arts for general self defence
- Mark’s horrific injury and the health transformation that followed
- Mark’s controversial training and diet protocol which consists of 1 meal a day and a 48-72hr fast following his weekly HIT workout
- And much more…
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference – The science and application of strength training for health and human performance.
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- Join a welcome reception on Friday night to build relationships with other strength training professionals?
- Experience an early morning workout from an expert trainer to kick start your Saturday?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do and that is why I am attending and interviewing all of the speakers at the event.
The resistance exercise conference will be held on the 9th and 10th of March 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota at The Commons Hotel.
To get 10% off your entry fee, head on over to ResistanceExerciseConference.com, click the registration button and enter corporatewarrior10 in the promo code field in PayPal.
I’m very excited about this and have wanted to attend for years. Sign up now at ResistanceExerciseConference.com, get 10% off with promo code corporatewarrior10 and I look forward to meeting you in person!
Subscribe to my emails to get a FREE HIT workout progress sheet and eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Skyler Tanner – Click here
Selected Links from the Episode
- Jeet Kune Do
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Gracie family
- High Intensity Training
- Decision Fatigue
- Oura Ring
- Intermittent Fasting
- FastHabit Intermittent Fasting
- beta-Hydroxybutyric acid
- The “Diet” that contradicts everything you know about nutrition
- My blog posts on High-Intensity Bodyweight Training (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Dr Shawn Baker on The Joe Rogan Experience
- Body By Science Facebook Group
- John Little (Listen to my interviews here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Dan Inosanto
- Guro Inosanto
- Pendakar Herman Suwanda
- Bruce Lee
- Terry Gibson
- Steve Maxwell (Listen to my interviews here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
- Matt Thornton
- Chris Haueter
- Randy Couture
- Daniel Jeffery Henderson
- Burton Richardson
- Mike Mentzer
- Jim Carrey
- Hélio Gracie
- Rorion Gracie
- Rolles Gracie Jr.
- Dr Shawn Baker (Listen to my interviews here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
- Serge Nubret
- Herschel Walker (UFC Fighter – 1 Meal a Day)
- Ronda Rousey (UFC Fighter – 1 Meal a Day)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, and Part 6)
- Dr Ted Naiman (Listen to my interviews here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Ryan Hall (Listen to my interviews here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4)