John Heart (@MrAHeart and Insta: @mraheart) is a renowned trainer and teacher within the fitness industry. He is also a Natural Pro Bodybuilder who has won the title of Mr. America and Natural Mr. Universe. His primary platforms used for training/teaching include in-gym, YouTube, and all forms of social media including Facebook.
John currently trains in-gym clients in Los Angeles, California and manages his online presence through MrAmericaHeart.com. He is also the official online trainer of Mike Mentzer’s Heavy Duty Training System.
John’s Athletic Achievements/Highlights:
- 2013-present – Worldwide: Competed as WNBF Natural Professional Bodybuilder in 4 professional events, usually placing between 2nd – 6th
- 2013 – Secaucus, New Jersey: Won the Light Heavy & Overall title of INBF Mr.
- 2012 – Secaucus, New Jersey: Won the Light Heavy class of INBF Mr. America
- 2001 – Los Angeles, California: Won Tall class of ABA Natural Mr. Universe
In this episode we dig into the details of John’s pre-bodybuilding contest routine in tremendous detail including exercise routines, protocol, and diet.
In this episode, we also cover:
- John’s use of electronic muscle stimulation
- The debate around the importance of “progressive overload”
- The evolution of John’s approach to bodybuilding over the years
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
Would you like to hear from another High Intensity Training Bodybuilder? Check out my interview with Mike Lipowski here or stream below:
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference – The science and application of strength training for health and human performance.
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- Join a welcome reception on Friday night to build relationships with other strength training professionals?
- Experience an early morning workout from an expert trainer to kick start your Saturday?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do and that is why I am attending and interviewing all of the speakers at the event.
The resistance exercise conference will be held on the 9th and 10th of March 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota at The Commons Hotel.
To get 10% off your entry fee, head on over to ResistanceExerciseConference.com, click the registration button and enter corporatewarrior10 in the promo code field in PayPal.
I’m very excited about this and have wanted to attend for years. Sign up now at ResistanceExerciseConference.com, get 10% off with promo code corporatewarrior10 and I look forward to meeting you in person!Subscribe to my emails to get a FREE HIT workout progress sheet and eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Skyler Tanner – Click here
Selected Links from the Episode
- NorCal Strength Studio: Interview with Mr. America 2013, John Heart
- NorCal Strength Studio: 2nd Interview with Mr. America 2013, John Heart
- Mike Mentzer Heavy Duty Ideal Routine
- Heavy Duty by Mike Mentzer (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- Heavy Duty II: Mind and Body by Mike Mentzer (Amazon US)
- Compex Performance Muscle Stimulator Device (Amazon US / Amazon UK)