Ted Harrison has been a personal trainer for over 30 years and is the owner and founder of Vital Exercise, his personal training studio in Essex. Ted uses HIT-influenced, science-based training principles to help his clients achieve their goals. His client’s have been able to obtain astonishing results with less than 30-minutes gym time per week. Don’t believe me? Ted was able to achieve his physique in the pictures below with less than 1 hour in the gym per week. Not bad for 53….
Please note: Sorry for the echo on Ted’s side. I have figured out how to prevent this from happening in future. Basically don’t use “callnote” software because it doesn’t seem to happen on Audacity.
This episode is sponsored by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training. Whether you want to take their Full Personal Trainer Course or DIY HIT for Health course, simply add the course you want to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code CW10 to get 10% off your purchase!
For my FREE eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr Doug McGuff, Drew Baye and Skyler Tanner – Click here ????
- Founder of Vital Exercise
- How Ted went from thin to using HIT to put on size
- How Ted started his personal training business
- The difference between HIT and HIIT
- Will HIT become more popular?
- Tips on building a successful personal training business
- How Ted trains his clients
- How HIT significantly increases spontaneous activity levels
- How Ted supplements his client’s HIT session with additional exercise
- How Ted has used HIT and hypertrophy training (less than 1 hour in the gym per week) to achieve his physique
- The importance of high calorie/protein intake to increase lean size
- The pros and cons of Bulletproof Coffee
- Ted’s diet tips – removing bread
- The importance of removing negativity and having a gratefulness routine.
- Why its important to become the person that doesn’t need motivation to exercise.
- Ted’s top 3 health and fitness tips
- Vital Exercise – Ted Harrison’s Personal Training
- HITuni.com (HIT Personal Training Courses)
- James Steele “No such thing as cardio”
- The Bulletproof Diet
- Bulletproof Coffee
- 5 Minute Journal
- Arthur Jones Bulletin #1 and #2
- Dr Ken Liestner – The Steel Tip Collection
- Body By Science by Dr Doug McGuff and John R. Little
- High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way by Mike Mentzer
- The Godwulf Manuscript (A Spencer Mystery Spencer Serioes – Book 1) by Robert B. Parker
- The Diet Delusion (UK version of Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health by Gary Taubes)
- Why We Get Fat: And What To Do About It by Gary Taubes
If you enjoyed this interview, please consider leaving a review (it really helps to promote the podcast):