In this episode, I am interviewed by the host of the Addicted To Fitness Podcast (website), Nick Burch. This was a really fun conversation where I got the opportunity to tell my fitness story, how I stumbled across HIT and how it changed everything!
Check out the Elemental Training Tampa blog post for this episode – HERE
In this episode, we cover:
- How high-intensity training changed my life
- My favourite Corporate Warrior podcast episodes
- How I got more ripped effortlessly
- What is HIT?
- TUL vs repetitions
- … and much more
During the episode, I go into a fair bit of depth regarding my diet, and the following image courtesy of Dr Ted Naiman will serve as a useful reference and heuristic:
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff, Dr James Fisher and Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world-class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. If you want to become an excellent HIT Personal Trainer, create a great team of trainers or build a successful fitness business, I highly recommend you use CW10 to get 10% off the Master PT Course – HERE
This episode is also brought to you by Health IQ: A life insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclists, weight lifters, HIT participants and more, get a lower rate on their life insurance.
Go to healthiq.com/cwarrior to support the show and see if you qualify. If you take care of yourself: do smart strength training, eat well, and you’re life insurance company doesn’t seem like they care, there’s an answer for you: Health IQ actually gives savings to people who take care of themselves. About 56% of Health IQ customers save between 4-33% on their life insurance. Health IQ customers can save up to a third because physically active people have a 56% lower risk of heart disease, 20% lower risk of cancer and a 58% lower risk of diabetes compared to people who are inactive, but your life insurance company probably just doesn’t care, you care, and there are companies out there that care.
To see if you qualify, get your free quote today at healthiq.com/cwarrior or mention the promo code CWarrior when you talk to a health IQ agent.
FREE HIT workout progress sheet and 20 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Bill DeSimone – Click Here
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What concerns do you have about starting high intensity training? Let me know in the comments below.
Selected Links from the Episode
- High Intensity Training
- Galway (in Ireland)
- About me
- High-intensity interval training
- Paleo Diet & Strength Training Biochemistry | Doug McGuff M.D. | Full Length HD (The 21 Studios)
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body Building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Dr Doug McGuff and John R. Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Joe Rogan Experience #1050 – Dr. Shawn Baker
- Episodes with Dr Doug McGuff:
- Body By Science Author, Dr Doug McGuff on Strength Training Fundamentals, The 4-Hour Body and How to Train to Succeed at Obstacle Races
- Body By Science author, Dr Doug McGuff: Advanced HIT Concepts, How Excessive Nutrition Might Not be Necessary for Muscular Growth and How to Become Superhuman
- Dr Doug McGuff on Multiple Sets, How To Beat The Plateau and How To Grow Your Personal Training Business
- Dr Doug McGuff on Workout Volume and Frequency, Neck Training, Exercise Science, Entrepreneurship, Cryptocurrency, and Relationships
- Episodes with Dr Ted Naiman:
- My eBooks:
- Decision fatigue
- Intermittent fasting
- Example high-intensity strength training workout
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman by Tim Ferriss ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Dr Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Nick Burch
- Mark Sisson (Listen to our episode here)
- Steve Maxwell (Listen to my episodes with Steve here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Dr Shawn Baker (Listen to my episodes with Shawn here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Joe Rogan
- Dr Ted Naiman (Listen to my episodes with Shawn here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Rhonda Patrick
- Arthur Jones
- Tim Ferriss