View this post on Instagram
Ad Ligtvoet is a training instructor and former MedX therapist for Keiser Training in Aachen, Germany. He also runs his own business, Ad Ligtvoet Training Therapy Nutrition, which focuses on helping people restore metabolic health through an efficient and practical application concerning muscle training and nutrition. The exercise programme takes place at Ad’s private facility and his nutrition counselling is based on the Bodymed system.
As a young adult, Ad trained for 2-hours per day, 7-days a week. He now trains for ~15-minutes once every 4-6 days, and at 53, he looks incredible.
Here’s an example of Ad’s typical meal. He normally eats something similar to the below 2 times per day.
View this post on Instagram
There was one moment during this episode where I said that in regard to optimising gains and fine tuning “some people argue against me, but I don’t really care”. That’s not true. I do care. I welcome alternative views. This was recorded quite a few months ago. It’s funny how quickly you can grow up.
You can listen to Part 1 HERE.
In this episode, we cover:
- The different high intensity training facilities and machines available in Europe.
- A detailed look at Ad’s 5-way split.
- The difference between workout optimisation and maximisation
- … and much, much more
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
Support the podcast and get access to behind-the-scenes in my high intensity training, business, and lifestyle on my Patreon HERE
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field – Learn more HERE
Selected Links from the Episode
- High intensity training
- Clinical Exercise Congress (Barcelona)
- Pro Training Center
- ARXFit (mentioned “Corporate Warrior” for $500 OFF)
- Kieser Training
- Resistance Exercise Conference
- Mint Fitness
- The ARX Alpha and Omni comparison
- PowerBlock Dumbbells ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Nautilus, Inc.
- Nautilus Next Generation Super Pullover
- Nautilus Nitro Leg Press
- Nautilus 2ST Seated Leg Curl
- Nautilus 2ST Compound Row
- Nautilus 10 Degree Chest Fly
- Pareto principle
- Dr. Doug McGuff – Area Under the Curve Physiologic Headroom Across a Lifetime
- Project Kratos
- Dr Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Mark Alexander (Listen to my episodes with Mark here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Lucas Leal
- Albert Vidal Comas
- David Vázquez
- Werner Kieser
- Eggert H. Barwich
- Matt Nairn
- Gary Knight (Listen to my episodes with Gary here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Marcelo Mesquita (Listen to my episode with Marcelo here)
- Dr. James Steele (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Drew Baye (Listen to my episodes with Drew here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7)